Monica is a successful lifestyle blogger based in Hampshire. She shares her beautiful home with her husband and likes to create spaces which are practical and pretty. Apartment living means storage solutions have to be effective and here, Monica shares what she has learnt.
I like to think of September as the ‘second New Year’—it’s the perfect time for a reset in every facet of life, your home and home organisation included. There’s a reason September is ‘Virgo season’—the most organised of all the star signs!
Home storage solutions
If there’s one thing I geek out over at home, it’s storage. Good storage can be the difference between a calm, relaxing and organised space vs a cluttered, chaotic and stressful one. I love the selection of stylish and affordable storage from La Redoute, from pretty trinket boxes for the smallest of treasures, all the way through to flexible furniture pieces which can house larger items.
Below, I’m sharing my edit of 10 storage solutions from La Redoute. Let’s all borrow a little inspiration from the ‘September New Year’ and get organised, clear the clutter and introduce calm into the home!
Sweet and simple storage
1. Kezia Rectangular Woven Grass Basket - a rectangular woven basket is a great storage addition to any home. I like to use mine to store blankets close to my sofa for cosy’ing up! It also makes for an excellent toy basket, overflow storage for shoes, toiletries . . . anything which needs tidying up and putting away.
2. Uyova Multi-Compartment Glass Trinket Box - a clear jewellery box is one of the prettiest and simplest storage solutions for jewellery you wear every day. Use the compartments to sub-divide your jewellery into categories: stud earrings, hoops, bracelets etc. I like to keep mine on top of my dressing table so that I can easily peruse its contents and reach for my favourite everyday jewellery.
3. Azuro Laundry Basket - wherever possible I like to find an attractive solution for storage— laundry included! A woven basket adds a soft natural texture to any space, and a lid keeps everything tucked away and tidy.
Less is more in the living room
4. Solador Round Gold Metal Tray - I like to think of trays as an ‘open storage solution’. Often things look messy just because they’re not grouped or organised; a tray can help to neaten things up by providing a home for bits and bobs. I like to group items like candles, vases and matches onto a tray. Top tip: give your remote controls a home too—a tray is perfect for this!
6. Pletenice Long TV Unit - sometimes you need a larger piece of furniture to store things on a bigger scale. A TV unit or sideboard can offer additional storage for awkward spaces—like a hallway, behind a sofa or against a living room wall. I’ve repurposed this long TV unit in my own home for shoe storage, and use the surface on top for additional storage and styling.
7. Lunja Bookcase with 2 Sliding Doors - a large storage piece can be a decorative statement as well as a practical solution. A bookcase with glass doors allows you to get organised, whilst simultaneously offerings a glimpse as to what’s inside. I like to use this type of cabinetry for glassware and tableware which I want to see, but don’t necessarily want out at all the time.
Kick the clutter in the kitchen and bathroom
8. Hiba American-Style Metal Locker Storage Unit - a single-width locker is a fantastic storage option for small spaces. You can use a locker for storing linens, shoes and paperwork or for tucking away awkwardly-shaped household items like vacuum cleaners and ironing boards. Top tip: don’t waste the surface area on top of your locker—you can add a woven basket for extra storage, or use the space and height for a trailing houseplant.
9. Malu Vintage-Style Cane Shelf - a simple shelving unit can help to categorise and organise items. This vintage-style shelf would look great in a bathroom displaying your favourite bath and beauty items. It would also be a sweet mini bookshelf in a children’s bedroom.
10. 3-Piece Condiment Paddle Board Set in White/Grey Marble - even the most commonplace of kitchen items deserve a pretty casing. Boujee-up your salt and pepper with this white and grey marble set. As aesthetically pleasing as it is practical!
I hope that you’ve enjoyed perusing my storage solutions edit from La Redoute. I believe that an organised home is a calm home, and these storage pieces ensure that it’s an attractive one too!
If you’ve enjoyed Monica’s edit, please head over to the hub to read How To Decorate With Neutrals by interiors influencer @home_with_isabel.