Buying your first home is always exciting, it’s an opportunity to create a space that truly reflects personality and style. Here we speak to Faith and Deji about their approach to transforming their home.
In 2020, we bought our first flat in South East London which was in serious need of a full renovation. Having depleted our savings on the deposit and subsequent renovation costs, we had little to work with when it came to interiors and really turning our flat into a home.
We decided to take a pragmatic approach to buying items for our flat, always considering value for money, style and quality. La Redoute ticks all of these boxes and here we are going to focus on the small updates you can make for a spring home refresh.
1. An easy way to cheer up your space is with a rug. Not only does it provide comfort, but it can help divide your space into sections. If, like us, you have a room for multi-functional use, a Berber style wool rug like this is a great way to separate those areas.
2. The dining table is a place where memories are made, why not add a sprinkle of luxury to those moments with a linen tablecloth. As we continue to dine-in a dinnerware set can help add some flavour to the most mundane meal. We love the Horiag Stoneware Plates for special occasions and Banjit Sandstone Plates for everyday use.
3. Whether you have a dedicated office room or working in the corner of your living room, a side cabinet like this is the perfect storage solution. It will help you stay organised, declutter your space and keep your interiors on point. We also love the Domeno ladder-style desk shelving unit. It is a multi-functional piece that doubles up as a stylish shelving unit as well as a space-saving desk. Pair this shelving unit with your favourite accessories like the Estria Ceramic Vase to brighten up the home.
4. A mirror is a must-have accessory. Not only does it instantly make your home look put together, it creates an illusion of space and brightens up even the darkest of rooms. We love the Lodus Round Metal Mirror as it’s simple, sophisticated and would be the perfect addition to your living room, entrance or hallway.
5. In most homes, the coffee table is the centerpiece of the living room. As it holds such prominence, we think it’s worth investing in! This Theoleine Metal Coffee Table is a unique, stylish and practical piece that can be paired with the Theoleine large coffee table if you have a larger living room.
Read more easy home styling tips here.