IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE LA REDOUTE CREDIT ACCOUNT
We have prepared this information to explain how the La Redoute Credit Account works. We are obliged to provide you with the information set out in this document before you enter into a Credit Agreement with us, together with the Standard European Consumer Credit Information (the SECCI) and a Credit Agreement. You should read, print and retain all of this information.
The purpose of the La Redoute Credit Account and how the account works
The account can only be used to delay the immediate payment for goods which you have ordered through La Redoute and spread the cost of your purchases over time. When you order goods with La Redoute you are provided with them on home approval. As explained above, when you place your first order we will indicate if we are prepared to offer you an account (a 'decision in principal'). We will send a copy of this document, the Standard European Consumer Credit Information and a Credit Agreement by email if we have your email address or by post. When you receive your order (first parcel order is to be delivered in multiple parcels), please decide which goods you wish to keep and let us know within 14 days of delivery whether you wish to: complete the La Redoute Credit Account opening process and pay on account ( all you need to do is sign the credit agreement and return it to us within that 14 day period); or cancel your credit application and pay in full, e.g. by debit card, credit card or cheque (simply contact us to make a payment by your preferred method within that 14 day period). If we do not hear from you, we will assume you wish to complete the La Redoute Credit Account opening process and pay with your new account. If we open an account for you, we will send a statement confirming that the account is open, the amount of your credit limit and the amount and due date of payment required under the agreement. You can access your monthly statements online in My Account. We will continue to send you monthly statements free of charge. If you require copy statements, we may charge you £3 per statement.
How payments are calculated under the La Redoute Credit Account
The Account has no set duration or period of time in which you have to repay the credit. Instead, you will need to make minimum monthly payments of £5 or 5% of the balance, whichever is higher. Your minimum payment is rounded down to the nearest whole pound. For example, if your balance is £300 under the agreement, your minimum payment would need to be £15 per month. You can choose to make any payment between the minimum £15 and the full balance of £300. If you make a payment that is less than the total balance of £300 then interest will be added to your remaining balance on the next monthly statement. Interest is charged at 28.8% per annum.
How we deal with missing or late payments
If you do not make at least the minimum payment by the due date or your payment method is declined we may apply a late payment charge of £12 to your account. We may also apply this charge if we have to issue you with payment reminder letters, if we issue a notice of default or if your account is transferred for debt collection. We record details of your payment history, including missed payments and defaults, at credit reference agencies. This information stays on your credit file for 6 years and is used by other lenders to help them to decide whether or not to offer credit to an individual. Missed payments or a default may therefore make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future and may increase the cost of future credit.
Changing your mind about the La Redoute Credit Account
You have an initial right to withdraw from the agreement without having to give a reason with 15 days. If your application was made by post or telephone, you may cancel the agreement within 15 days of receiving your first statement. If you have applied for credit online, the 15 days commences from the date you are notified online that we have received your application. If you do not cancel the agreement, you will continue to be bound by all of its terms. If you withdraw from the agreement, you must replay any outstanding balance without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after yougive notice of your withdrawal. Details of how to make payments are provided on your statement. If you wish to cancel the agreement you must notify us in one of the following ways:
By telephoning us on 0844 842 2222
By writing to us at Recats (brands) Limited, 2 Holdsworth Street, Bradford, BD1 4AH
By emailing us at email@example.com
STANDARD EUROPEAN CONSUMER CREDIT INFORMATION
1. Identity and contact details of the creditor
|Creditor||Redcats (BRANDS) Limited trading as La Redoute|
|Address||2 Holdsworth Street, BRADFORD, West Yorkshire, BD1 4AH.|
|Telephone number ||0871 225 8080|
|E-mail address ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Web address ||www.laredoute.co.uk|
2. Key features of the credit product
|The type of credit||Credit is provided only to enable the purchase of goods through La Redoute. |
|The total amount of credit
This means the amount of credit to be provided under the proposed credit agreement or the credit limit.
||We will notify you of the credit limit under your account online if we accept your application. Each statement will also show the credit limit.
|How and when credit would be provided.||You may purchase goods under your account and the price of these goods will be added to your outstanding balance, subject to our approval. |
|The duration of the agreement ||The agreement has no fixed or minimum duration.|
|Repayments.||You must make a minimum payment each month of £5 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is greater. Your minimum payment will be rounded down to the nearest pound. |
|The total amount you will have to pay. This means the amount you have borrowed plus interest and other costs. ||The following is a typical example of the amount you will repay based on the sum of £300 being spent at the start of this credit agreement and being repaid in equal monthly instalments over the period of one year at the standard interest rate of 28.8% p.a.
12 monthly payments of £29.07. Total amount payable £348.84. Representative 32.9% APR variable.
3. Costs of the credit
|The rates of interest which apply to the credit agreement.||The interest rate applied to the agreement is 28.8% per annum. This is a variable rate. We may change this rate to take account of market conditions, changes in the cost of providing this service to you, changes or predicted changes in legal or regulatory requirements affecting us, or to reflect the cost of any system or product development. Your statement or other written information that we send will inform you of any changes at least 28 days before they take place. You may close your account without having to pay any extra charges or interest at any time from the date of our notice up to the date when the change takes place.|
|Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APR)
This is the total cost expressed as an annual percentage of the total amount of credit. The APR is there to help you compare different offers. ||32.9% APR variable.|
|Costs in the case of late payments.||We may apply a charge of £12 if you do not pay the minimum amount by the date due or your payment method is declined. Interest will be charged on this amount if the amount remains outstanding by the time your next statement is issued. |
|Consequences of missing payments.||If you miss payments it could make obtaining credit more difficult in the future. We may also take legal action against you to recover the sums of money owed to us.|
4. Other important legal aspects
|Right of withdrawal||You may cancel this agreement within 15 calendar days of receiving your first statement. If you do not cancel the agreement you will continue to be bound by all of its terms.|
|Early repayment||You have the right to repay your outstanding balance early at any time in full or partially.|
|Consultation with a credit reference agency
||If we reject your application as a result of a credit search we will inform you immediately and without charge. We will also give you details of the credit reference agency we have consulted.|
|Right to a draft credit agreement
||You have the right, upon request, to obtain a copy of the draft credit agreement free of charge unless we are not willing to offer you credit.|
5. Additional information in the case of distance marketing of financial services
|(a) concerning the creditor|| |
|Registration number||We are listed on the Consumer Credit Register, our licence number is 0027249.|
|The supervisory authority||The Office of Fair Trading supervises our activities under the Consumer Credit Act.|
|(b) concerning the credit agreement|| |
|The law applicable to the credit agreement and/or the competent court.||The contract is governed by English Law and disputes may be referred to the English Court.|
|(c) concerning redress|| |
|Access to out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism||If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle any complaint made by you, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, but only after you have reported your complaint to us first. The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted at: South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800 www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974
This is an agreement between us, Redcats (BRANDS) Limited trading as La Redoute of 2 Holdsworth Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 4AH and you.
About this Agreement
- The credit provided under this agreement is known as “running account” credit which means that the credit limit can change from time to time and the agreement has no fixed duration so it continues until it is ended by you or us.
- The credit made available under this agreement is provided by Redcats (BRANDS) Limited, trading as La Redoute, of 2 Holdsworth Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 4AH.
- Credit is provided to enable you to purchase goods from La Redoute, its approved sister brands and other approved third parties only and cannot be used for any other purpose. The value of goods purchased will be deducted from the available credit under your account.
- We will provide you with an initial credit limit and we will notify you of this amount on your first statement. If you have applied for credit online, you will also be told of your credit limit upon acceptance of your application. Your first statement will be issued to you approximately 17 days after we have sent your first delivery to you. We then issue statements monthly.
- We may change the credit limit from time to time but your statement will always show your credit limit and the amount of credit available to spend. You should tell us if, at any time, you do not wish to receive credit limit increases or you wish us to reduce your credit limit.
- As we issue statements to your home address, you must tell us about any change in address within 7 days of becoming aware that it will change. If you have provided an email address and receive information, statements or notices about your Credit Agreement by email, you must also notify us of a change to your email address.
- Interest will be charged on the opening balance on the statement date each month (less any returns and other adjustments) and charged to the account on the statement date. The minimum interest charge on an outstanding balance will not be less than 50 pence.
- The rate of interest is 28.8% per annum variable, which means it is not fixed and can be changed from time to time.
- If you receive unsatisfactory goods or services, which you have purchased using this agreement, you may have a right to sue us, the supplier of the goods, or both, if the goods or service cost more than £100 and up to £30,000.
Making payments under this Agreement
- You are required to make a minimum monthly payment each month, which is due 21 days from the date your statement was produced. Your statement will show you the minimum monthly payment that is due, which will be £5 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher. Your minimum payment is rounded down to the nearest whole pound. You can also pay any amount over the minimum payment up to and including the full outstanding balance at any time. Your statement provides details of how to make payment.
- The following is a typical example of the amount you would repay if you spend £300 at the start of this credit agreement and repay the balance in 12 equal monthly instalments at the standard interest rate of 28.8% p.a.
Amount of credit £300. 12 monthly payments of £29.07. Total amount payable £348.84. Representative 32.9% APR variable.
- If you do not make at least the minimum payment by the due date we may apply a late payment charge of £12 to your account. This charge may also be added if we have to issue further payment reminder letters, if any method you use to make payment is not honoured, if we transfer your account for debt collection or if we have issued you with a default notice. Interest will be added to these charges at the normal rate of interest under the account which is currently 28.8% per year.
- Details of missed or late payments will be recorded at credit reference agencies which may make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.
- If we terminate your agreement because of non-payment or arrears, we may take legal proceedings to recover the amount due under the credit agreement.
- Where any amount is owed to you by us we may credit the amount to your account to offset against the amount of any arrears on your account.
How you may withdraw from or end this Agreement
- You have an initial right to withdraw from this agreement without having to give a reason within 15 days. The 15 days commences from the date you receive your first statement. If you have applied for credit online, the 15 days commences from the date you are notified on line that we have accepted your application. To withdraw from the agreement you must notify us in one of the following ways:
- By telephoning us on 0844 842 2222
- By writing to us at Redcats (BRANDS) Limited, 2 Holdsworth Street, Bradford, BD1 4AH
- By emailing us at email@example.com
- If you withdraw from the agreement you must repay any outstanding balance without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after you give notice of your withdrawal. Details of how to make payments are provided on your statement. After this 15 day period, you have a right to terminate the agreement at any time by giving us 1 month ’s written notice. If you terminate the agreement, you will be required to repay the outstanding balance in full.
Our rights under this Agreement
- We may suspend or terminate this agreement or your ability to use the credit provided by the agreement by giving you 2 months’ written notice. Our notice will tell you the reasons why we are taking that course of action.
- However, we may terminate or suspend your account without 2 months ’ notice if we reasonably suspect or know that you have used the account fraudulently or have allowed another person to use the account fraudulently, if it would be a breach of a law to continue to operate the account, or if you have broken the terms of this agreement and have failed to correct this within a reasonable period of time of us requesting you to do so.
- We may change the interest rate, or any of the other terms of the agreement to take account of market conditions, changes in the cost of providing this service to you, changes or predicted changes in legal or regulatory requirements affecting us or to reflect the cost of any system or product development. We will always give you at least 28 days notice, on your statement, or other written notice, of any change to the interest rate. You may close your account without having to pay any extra charges or interest at any time from the date of our notice up to the date when the change takes place.
- We may transfer our rights under this agreement but this will not affect your rights. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this agreement.
- From time to time we may decide not to apply certain conditions of this agreement, for example if there are exceptional circumstances which explain why your payment is late, we may, at our discretion, waive the late payment charge. This does not mean that the condition which we have waived no longer applies to the agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, we always reserve the right to apply every condition of the agreement.
Other Information about this Agreement
- We are licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the purposes of this agreement, licence number 0027249. The Office of Fair Trading, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8JX, supervises our activities under this Act.
- If you have a complaint about us which you cannot settle, you have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. However, you must raise any complaint with us first. You can complain using any of the contact details shown in clause 16 but must direct your complaint to the Financial Services Complaints Department.
- English law applies to this agreement and all communications with you in respect of this agreement will be in the English language.
Please close this window and tick the box to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the Credit Agreement. By ticking this box the Credit Agreement comes into force and you will be bound by its terms. We will email you with a copy of the Credit Agreement which is identical in terms to this however you must sign the Credit Agreement and return a copy to us. You may request a further copy of the Credit Agreement within the next 15 days.
The La Redoute brand is an international retail brand owned by the Redcats Group. Merchandise is offered for sale in the UK (including Northern Ireland), Channel Isles, Isle of Man and BFPO Germany by Redcats (Brands) Limited which is part of the Redcats Group. La Redoute is a trading name of Redcats (Brands) Limited. The Redcats Group also includes Movitex (UK) Limited which trades as Daxon in the same territories and operates using generally the same facilities and resources as Redcats (Brands) Limited including information technology. New brands may be launched from time to time by the Redcats Group to expand the range of products available to customers. This information should help you to understand relevant parts of this Policy including those relating to sharing of your details within Redcats Group, e.g. for marketing purposes.
Where we use the words “we” or “us” in this Policy we are referring to Redcats (Brands) Limited.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we use personal information we collect about you and includes the topics set out below:-
- Your confidentiality and privacy
- Information we might need from you
- How we use this information
- How to unsubscribe from marketing
- How we keep this information secure
- Head Office Contact Details
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our website homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
Your confidentiality and privacy
We guarantee to protect your privacy. We take great care to make sure you receive the best protection possible for your personal information and any financial details that you provide. The La Redoute website is a secure site, and any personal data we collect from you is safe from misuse.
We abide by the Data Protection Act 1998 and we make sure that any personal information we hold is handled properly. This means that your information will be fairly and lawfully processed, that we will make sure that it is accurate, and that your information is not kept for longer than necessary. Your information will be kept secure and processed in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be transferred to countries (whether inside or outside of the European Economic Area) without ensuring that adequate protection is in place.
As is normal for any retailer or other organisation, we use reputable businesses from time to time to supply us with a range of services such as delivery of parcels and printing of materials and it may be necessary to share your information, e.g. name/address details for parcel delivery, with those businesses. We will, of course, ensure that your information is secure and adequately protected and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we might need from you
Your name, date of birth, address, customer number, telephone number, e-mail address, credit/debit card number, expiry date and issue number. If you enter a prize draw or competition we will need your name, address, customer number and e-mail address.
How we use this information
We may use the information you provide as follows:-
- To confirm receipt of your order, process it and keep you informed of progress
- To approve, open and run any Credit Account you may have with us and to run any Credit Account you may have with other members of Redcats Group (including payment recovery and debtor tracing)
- To keep you up to date with new services, facilities, special offers and promotions (further details below)
- To enhance your shopping experience in the future by tailoring the site to meet your needs
- To administer prize draws and competitions you may enter
We may also use the information you provide to perform a credit search. Before providing credit, lenders such as banks, loan companies and businesses such as La Redoute want to be confident that customers will repay money they lend. To help them do this, they may look at information held by organisations called credit reference agencies. The three main credit reference agencies in the UK are Callcredit, Equifax and Experian. Those agencies hold certain information about most adults in the UK. That information is called your credit reference file or credit report. The agencies get their information from lenders, from information in the public domain (e.g. electoral roll information) and from other sources. Credit reference agencies do not hold credit blacklists and do not tell a lender if it should offer credit – that is for the lender to decide.
We may perform a credit search in the following circumstances:-
- If you apply for a Credit Account;
- When considering whether to increase the credit limit on your Credit Account if you have one;
- When a new customer requests a catalogue;
If we perform a credit search, we will search the files of credit reference agencies who record the search whether or not credit is granted. This search may also include people with whom you are “financially linked” or your “associates”. You are financially linked or associated with someone if you have applied for or hold joint credit agreements or accounts with that person. The search will be seen by other lenders who use the information to make credit decisions about you. We will use this information along with credit scoring methods to assess your application and to verify your identity. To prevent or detect fraud or to assist in verifying your identity we may also make searches of the records of other companies in the Redcats Group.
If we enter into a credit agreement with you, we will supply details of that agreement to the credit reference agencies as well as ongoing details of your account and how you manage it. If you do not repay on time or in full we will tell the credit reference agencies who will record details of the debt. All of that information will be seen by other organisations carrying out later searches and may be used by them to make decisions about whether or not to lend to you or those individuals who are financially linked or associated with you. The information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering.
We, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies may also use the records for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud. We may pass information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention to protect ourselves and our customers from theft and fraud. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may use your information held within Redcats Group, including shopping habits, to run your Credit Account if you have one. We may make periodic searches of the records of Redcats Group companies, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to manage your account with us, to take decisions regarding credit (including whether to make credit available or to continue or extend existing credit). Those searches will not be available to other lenders for credit assessment purposes. If you require details of the credit reference agencies from whom we obtain and with whom we record information about you please write to us at our Head Office address below or telephone our Customer Care Team on the number given below.
We may also use your information, including shopping habits, for marketing as set out below. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please see the section below headed “How to unsubscribe from marketing”.
How to unsubscribe from marketing
If you decide at any time that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by La Redoute or you decide that you do not wish La Redoute to share information for marketing purposes with other brands we operate from time to time, with other members of the Redcats Group (e.g. La Redoute, Vertbaudet) or with carefully selected third parties, you can unsubscribe easily by following the instructions below.
Marketing from La Redoute, our other brands or other Redcats Group members
Please write to us, telephone our Customer Care Team or email us with your name and customer number in the message box. Please state as follows:-
- Name of brand from which you no longer wish to receive marketing contact (e.g. La Redoute) or that you no longer wish us to share information with our other brands or other Group members for marketing purposes.
- Type of communication you no longer wish to receive (e.g. mail, telephone, email).
You will also have the opportunity to unsubscribe via each marketing email sent to you in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Note: If you unsubscribe from mail from a brand, you may no longer receive a catalogue from that brand, e.g. unsubscribing from mail from La Redoute may mean you no longer receive a La Redoute catalogue.
Marketing from carefully selected third parties
Please write to us, telephone our Customer Care Team or email us with “no third party marketing” as the subject heading and your name and customer reference number in the message box. Please state as follows:-
- That you no longer wish us to share information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Type of communication you no longer wish to receive (e.g. mail, telephone, email).
This information helps us to improve the overall level of service we provide to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies and can set up your web browser to automatically notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. Please remember that, if you disable cookies, this will affect our ability to deliver a service through our website that is more tailored to you.
You can obtain further information about cookies from www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that those sites are operated by third parties and are not owned or operated by Redcats Group and the Redcats Group has no control over content.
How we keep this information secure:
All the information above is transmitted securely using SSL encryption. This means that the information is sent in such a way that, in the extremely unlikely event that someone is somehow able to obtain this information, only we can decode the information to obtain your details. This is done by encrypting the data between your computer and our server. We encrypt the data using a certificate provided by a trusted third party, Verisign. For more details, click on the Verisign logo.
You can tell that the data is encrypted as the address in your browser will change from http:// to https:// and a small padlock icon will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is your guarantee that you can send your details to us with confidence.
We are required by the Data Protection Act 1998 to follow strict security procedures in how we store and disclose information. You may be assured that we will adhere to these procedures with your personal details.
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated on 11th July 2010.
Head Office Contact Details
Data Protection Officer
Redcats (UK) plc
2 Holdsworth Street